Friday, May 31, 2013

Patrick Stewart explains misleading 'first pizza slice' photo: 'My fiancée and I were a little hung-over' Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/patrick-stewart-responds-misleading-pizza-slice-photo-article-1.1359147#ixzz2UqvAjaDy

Turns out Patrick Stewart and fiancée  Sunny Ozell were just recovering from a night of galavanting around town.

DIMITRIOS KAMBOURIS/VF13/WIREIMAGE

Turns out Patrick Stewart and fiancée Sunny Ozell were just recovering from a night of galavanting around town.

World, take a deep breath: Sir Patrick Stewart, 72, had indeed eaten pizza before yesterday.
The veteran actor made headlines when he posted a picture of himself enjoying a cheesy slice in Brooklyn with the caption "My first ever pizza 'slice,' Please note: the authentic fold."
Yes, it was Stewart's first corner store slice. But it was not his first ever taste of the beloved Italian fast food.
"People misunderstood," Stewart explained to New York Magazine. "There was a school of thought that I had eaten my first pizza, but of course how could that possibly be true? I would have had to have stayed locked up in a cellar.
"I would go in (a pizza shop) and order a pizza and eat a whole pizza. It was the concept of the slice that I had never encountered before," he said.
Patrick Stewart posted this photo with the caption: My first ever pizza ‘slice.’ It duped the world over into believing he had never before tried pizza.

TWITTER

Patrick Stewart posted this photo with the caption: My first ever pizza ‘slice.’ It duped the world over into believing he had never before tried pizza.

The occasion for the snack? Hitting the town a little too hard with his bride-to-be Sunny Ozell.
"I was only eating (the slice) because my fiancée and I were a little hung-over yesterday morning and she said what we need is pizza and a soothing drink — and she was right," Stewart added. "It solved the problem. But, in fact, it was my first slice, and when it was brought over to me, my first comment was 'There's no knife and fork.' Of course, I was mocked for thinking that I could eat a pizza slice with a knife and fork."
Luckily, Ozell was on-hand to show Stewart the proper, hands-on method to tackle the delicious slab of carbohydrates.
"I was instructed — because I was getting myself into a real mess — to do the fold, the classic New York fold technique, which we illustrated in the photograph," he continued. "And, in fact, it proved effective. It kept me clean and unblemished."
Clearly, Stewart is a man of culinary daring. His next adventure, he told New York Magazine reporter Dan Amira, is to try an even more adventurous item.
"I've never eaten 100-year-old eggs," Stewart said, referring to an Eastern delicacy made by preserving duck or chicken eggs for several weeks before eating them. "Maybe now after this pizza slice I might move on 100-year-old eggs."


Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/patrick-stewart-responds-misleading-pizza-slice-photo-article-1.1359147#ixzz2Uqv7h0F6

No comments:

Post a Comment